Needs short video of the gameplay, I wouldn’t download it otherwise.
A downloadable game for Windows
As of January 2021, Launch Party is no longer streaming 24/7. You can still play it by downloading the executable and hosting your own stream.
In space, no one can hear you stream.
Launch Party is a multiplayer ship-programming game played via Twitch stream. Write some code, send it as a comment, and watch your ship take off! Everyone is racing to be the first to land on the moon.
Since it's a party game, it's recommended you play this game with three or more people. It's playable in any browser that supports Twitch, as well as on mobile with the Twitch app.
This game was made for the 2020 Github Game Off with the theme "Moonshot." All game programming, art, music, and sound design were completed within the one-month jam.
The entire game's source code is available in our Github repository. Feel free to use and distribute it in any way allowed by the MIT license.
- plasmastarfish: programming, art, music, sound effects
- superduperpacman42: programming
- Fonts used:
- A Goblin Appears
- Eras Demi ITC
- Pixel Caps
- 12/4/2020: Fixed a bug where certain improper commands crashed the server
- Download and extract the game files.
- Open config.yaml (in the "config" folder) in a text editor like Notepad. Change the text after "channel: " from plasmastarfish to the Twitch account you'll be streaming the game from.
- Run LaunchParty.exe (in the "executable" folder).
- Start streaming the game to Twitch. If you don't already have streaming software you're familiar with, I recommend OBS.
- Once the stream is running, you're set! Follow the directions on the screen and send chat messages to play the game with your viewers.